Ui4u.mt.gov file claim #claims #pages

ui4u.mt.gov file claim

The Montana Department of Labor and Industry, Unemployment Insurance Division’s Unemployment Insurance For You (UI4U) service allows you to ‘File New Claim’, ‘Reactivate Your Claim’, ‘View Claim Information’, ‘View and Print Your 1099-G’, ‘Change Personal Information’, and ‘Change Personal Identification Number (PIN)’. The on-line service is a secure, simple and efficient way to file your Unemployment Insurance claim. The official website is www.ui4u.mt.gov

Unemployment Insurance (UI) provides temporary financial assistance to eligible workers and is not based on financial need. UI benefits are funded by employer taxes. No money is deducted from your paycheck for these benefits. As with some other similar programs in other states, there is an assessment for the eligibility of such claim.

Eligibility for benefits is based on :

  • Your wages over the past 12-18 months, and
  • The reason you are unemployed, and
  • Your physical ability and availability to accept work each week and
  • Your work search efforts each week.
  • Verification of citizenship or legal-to-work status if you are not a U.S. citizen.

You must have enough wages for an eligible claim, and leave work for a reason allowed in Montana law, to be paid benefits. For continuing payment, you must meet all eligibility requirements for each week you request benefits.

How The Reason You Are Unemployed Affects Your Eligibility

When you applied for benefits, you were asked to provide information about why you are no longer working (or working reduced hours) for your last employer and any other employers in the last 6 weeks. The application will also ask your employer about the reason(s) for your separation and will then determine your eligibility based on Montana law.

So lets get ready the following information before starting to file for a claim:

  • Your Social Security Number
  • Your current mailing address
  • Your telephone number and/or email address
  • Complete name, address and phone number of all employers you have worked for since 10-01-2008
  • If you wish to have your benefits deposited directly to your bank account, you will need your account number and bank routing number for the account you want your benefits deposited in.

Starting Steps to file your initial UI CLAIM

  1. Getting Started: Enter your Social Security Number and date of birth and click-on ‘Continue’.
  2. Login Information: If you have not previously established a PIN using the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) System be prepared to create a four digit PIN when prompted. Your PIN and your Social Security Number are used to identify you whenever you use the service. You will also need to enter your mother’s maiden name. This information is used for security purposes.
  3. Enter PIN: If you have previously created a PIN on our IVR system or on UI4U, then enter that same PIN. If you forgot your PIN, click-on ‘Forgot PIN’.
  4. Forgot PIN: Your mother’s maiden name, along with the social security number and birth date previously entered, will be used for your identification. If all the information matches what is on file you will be allowed to enter a new PIN. Once you have entered the new PIN and confirmed it, select ‘Continue’.

Some of the pointers to note while progressing on the on-line claim:

Initial Filing Questions:

Your answers to questions on this page will help us determine the type of claim you are filing and whether you can continue to file your claim online. You may be prompted to contact the Claims Processing Center for assistance in filing your claim.Once you click-on the ‘Continue’ button on this page, you will not be able to return to this page to change your answers.

Please read the ‘Important Information’ section on the right side of this page. Your answers to questions on this page will assist us in determining your eligibility for benefits. If you are unsure of what is meant by ‘seasonal worker’, ‘self-employment’, ‘base period’, ‘job attached’, or ‘union attached’, click-on those words and you will be shown an explanation. Please note the eligibility pointers in the paragraph above.

Employer(s) you have worked for in the Base Period. In addition you will be asked to provide information on all the employers you have worked for in the last 6 weeks.

So if you are interested, start exploring online filing via www.ui4u.mt.gov. Feel free to drop comments on this blog.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *