STATE OF IDAHO JUDICIAL BRANCH
Court Assistance Office
Court Assistance Office
Welcome to the Idaho Court Assistance Office Self-Help Center! This website provides tools and information for people who want to represent themselves in court, or who are unable to afford an attorney and would otherwise be unable to get their day in court.
What kind of information will I find here?
- Free court-approved forms for civil court matters (non-criminal), such as family-related issues, landlord/tenant, domestic violence, etc.
- Videos and brochures to help you become informed about your legal situation
- Helpful links to other legal resources, organizations, and advocates
- Contact information for your local court assistance office
When should I consider talking to an attorney?
The materials and assistance you receive on this web site or in your local Court Assistance Office are no substitute for talking with a lawyer. Laws and court rules are very complex. Consequently, keep in mind, even if you follow the instructions provided and use our forms you are not guaranteed to win your case.
The materials on this site are meant to help you educate yourself through the process. It is always advisable to talk to a lawyer before proceeding on your own, especially if your situation is complicated or you expect difficulties. Visit the Idaho State Bar Lawyer Referral Service to find a lawyer.
Complete your Small Claims forms via a new interactive interview at: idaho.tylerhost.net/SRL.
ATTENTION: Business Entities Filing Small Claims Actions
Business entities filing small claims actions in counties where e-filing is available must now electronically file small claims documents. For additional information please click here.
Mailing Fees in E-Filing Counties
You may be required to pay a mailing and copy fee in counties where e-filing is available. For additional information please contact your local court.
If you have a complaint about an appointed guardian or conservator fulfilling his/her statutory duties, click here for more information.
Limited Pro Bono Appearance Forms
The Pro Bono Commission has created and approved the following forms for attorneys making limited pro bono appearances.
- Notice of Completion of Limited Pro Bono Appearance Word | PDF
- Notice of Limited Pro Bono Appearance Word | PDF
New Uniform Income Withholding Order
- Uniform Income Withholding Order PDF
- Uniform Income Withholding Order Instructions PDF
- Sample Order PDF
Note: All services are through the local county offices. Click below to find your local contact info.