Child Tax Credit – Money Advice Service #quit #deed #claim

how to claim child benefit

Child Tax Credit

How to claim Child Tax Credit

Call the Tax Credits Helpline on 0345 300 3900 to get a claim form.

If you’re already claiming tax credits, call the Tax Credit Helpline to update your claim.

Keeping your tax credits up to date

You need to renew your tax credits claim every year if you want to keep getting them.

The Tax Credit Office will write to you telling you what you need to do to renew your tax credits.

If your circumstances change at any time during the year (for example, if your income changes, your child leaves home or you move house) you should call the Tax Credit Office on 0345 300 3900 to let them know.

Changes in your circumstances can affect the amount of money you should be getting. For example, if your income drops, you may get more support. Or if your income increases, you could have to pay back any money you’ve been overpaid at a later date if you don’t let the Tax Credits Office know.

Tax Credits and income changes

From April 2016, the amount by which your income can change before you have to tell the Tax Credit Office falls from £5,000 to £2,500. This is called the income disregard.

If your income goes up by £2,500 or more and you delay telling the Tax Credit Office or wait until the next time your claim is due to be re-assessed, you may find that you have been overpaid tax credits.

You will be asked to pay this extra money back, either by reducing your future tax credits or by direct payments if your tax credits have stopped.

To avoid this bill, it’s even more important to tell the Tax Credit Office within 30 days of when you get the extra money. It’ll be easier for your tax credits to be adjusted, and decrease the chance you’ll be chased for overpayments at a later date.

It also works the other way. If your income falls by £2,500 or more, you might be entitled to more tax credits.

If you are asked to repay tax credits and will struggle to pay, speak to the Tax Credit Office as soon as you can, and certainly within 30 days.

Find out more about what to do if you’re overpaid tax credits on the GOV.UK website

Other tax credits you might qualify for

If you work and you’re on a low income, you might be eligible for Working Tax Credit to top up your earnings.

And if you have children and you work, you might be eligible for the ‘childcare element’ of Working Tax Credit to help with the cost of childcare.

When you apply for Child Tax Credit you’ll also be told whether you qualify for Working Tax Credit. There’s no need to claim them separately.

Remember, if you’re eligible for Working Tax credit, your income threshold for the maximum tax credit amount will be lower.

Changes to Child Tax Credits

From April 2017, if you’re making a new Child Tax Credit claim, there are plans to limit support to the first two children (unless you have a multiple birth).

You’ll also no longer be able to claim the family element.

You’ll still be able to claim the disabled child premium for any of your children who are eligible to get it.

If you’re already claiming Child Tax Credits and you have more than two children, you won’t be affected by the changes.

Planning ahead

These changes could have an impact on your income if you’re affected, so it’s best to be prepared.

Child Tax Credit and Universal Credit

Child Tax Credit is one of the six benefits that is being phased out and replaced by Universal Credit .

If you’re already claiming Child Tax Credit you probably won’t be affected right now.

You can continue to make new claims for Child Tax Credit. But you can’t claim tax credits and Universal Credit at the same time.

At the moment, you would only claim Universal Credit instead of tax credits if:

  • you start living with a partner who already receives Universal Credit
  • you live in one of the areas where Universal Credit is being introduced and you lose your job

If you’re affected by Universal Credit, the Tax Credit Office will tell you what you need to do to close your tax credits claim.

Share this article

  • Share this article on Facebook

Share this article on Facebook

  • Share this article on Twitter
    Share this article on Twitter
  • Share this article by Email

    Share this article by Email

  • Benefits you can claim when you re pregnant or have a baby

    UIF Services #claims #for #you

    uif claims

    UIF Services South Africa s No1 UIF Agency

    Domestic and Commercial UIF Registrations

    Welcome to UIF SERVICES, we specialise in UIF to get employers and employees registered with the UIF Department of Labour – Our UIF Services is a Nationwide UIF Service, be it Domestic or Commercial UIF applications or Maternity UIF Claims .

    Did you know, if your employee works for you for more than 24 hours per month, by law as an employer you are required to register both yourself and them with the UIF Department and contribute towards the fund.

    UIF SERVICES makes sure you are legal within 5 working days of registration.
    UIF SERVICES does the registration on your behalf, and receives your UIF number within 5 working days, hassle free.

    Maternity UIF Services

    What can UIF Services do for your Maternity UIF Requirements:

    • Submit your forms for you on your behalf for the maximum period of four months,
    • Update you frequently on the process of your claim
    • Follow up on claims that are outstanding or problematic
    • Provide you with advice on claiming UIF Maternity Benefits

    Did you know?

    As an employer you are required to:

    • Be registered with the UIF Department as an employer,
    • Submit your employee(s) forms on a monthly basis to the UIF Department,
    • Provide a detailed monthly pay slip to your employee(s),
    • Provide a contract for your employee(s),
    • Increase your domestic employee(s) salary by 8% every year on the 01 November —*
    • Pay 2% of your employee(s) salary to UIF every month,
    • Follow domestic wage stipulations,
    • Provide a certificate of service.

    Claiming Child Benefit – Money Advice Service #medicare #claims

    how to claim child benefit

    Claiming Child Benefit

    Claiming Child Benefit can give a big boost to your family budget. If you’ve just had a baby, make sure you claim before it’s three months old. Even if you think you won’t be entitled to anything, you should still claim so you don’t miss out on other entitlements.

    Who can claim Child Benefit?

    You can claim Child Benefit (formally known as ‘family allowance’) for each child you’re responsible for (you do not have to be their parent), regardless of whether you’re working or have savings.

    You can claim for each child:

    If your child starts paid work for 24 hours or more a week and is no longer in approved education or training, your Child Benefit will stop. The same applies if your child starts an apprenticeship or starts receiving certain benefits in their own right.

    Payments are tax-free as long as neither parent or carer earns more than £50,000 a year.

    How much is Child Benefit?

    Did you know?

    A family with two children can claim nearly £1,800 a year in Child Benefit.

    In the 2015-16 tax year, you can claim:

    • £20.70 per week for your first child
    • £13.70 a week for any further children

    That’s more than £1,000 a year if you have one child and an extra £700 for subsequent children.

    Child Benefit if you earn more than £50,000

    If you or your partner earns over £50,000 a year, you’ll have to pay back some of your Child Benefit in the form of extra Income Tax

    You’ll need to pay back 1% of your family’s Child Benefit for every £100 or your income over £50,000.

    If either of you earn over £60,000 a year, you’ll have to repay all of your Child Benefit in the form of extra Income Tax

    How to apply for Child Benefit

    You need to fill out a claim form (CH2) and send it to the Child Benefit Office along with your child’s original birth certificate (which you’ll get back).

    If you don’t have the certificate, you can send in the form anyway and forward the certificate as soon as you have it.

    Top tip: Claim Child Benefit as soon as your child is born

    You’ll have lots of other things to do and remember in the first few weeks, but it’s worth claiming straight away as your Child Benefit payments can only be backdated three months from the date your application is received.

    Why it’s important to claim Child Benefit

    Claiming Child Benefit will help you protect your State Pension.

    If you’re off work looking after your child and not paying National Insurance contributions, claiming Child Benefit will ensure you get credits towards your State Pension.

    If you don’t claim, you might also miss out on:

    • other benefits such as Guardian’s Allowance
    • your child being automatically issued with a National Insurance number before their 16th birthday

    Even if you don’t think you’ll be entitled to anything because either you or your partner earns over the £50,000 tax-free limit, it’s still worth claiming so you don’t miss out on National Insurance credits.

    If either of you earns over £60,000, you can always opt not to receive the payments – and avoid the tax charge – but still get the entitlements.

    Share this article

    • Share this article on Facebook

    Share this article on Facebook

  • Share this article on Twitter
    Share this article on Twitter
  • Share this article by Email

    Share this article by Email

  • Child Benefit Contact Number – 0843 504 0110 #product #liability #claims

    how to claim child benefit

    Child Benefit contact number 0843 504 0110

    Looking to call the Child Benefit contact number? As one of the most popular benefits payments in the UK, the Child Benefit helpline is constantly being searched for by people who would like to have one reason or another resolved by their team. This can range from people who would like to make a claim, through to those who have a complaint or would like to talk to a member of their central contact team about their existing payments. Regardless, their staff are based in Uk call centres and should be more than capable of dealing with all of these matters and more.

    Ringing the Child Benefit contact number through Prove I Called

    When you call the Child Benefit contact number using one of our special Prove I Called numbers, you get a range of added benefits. The reason that the site was set up was in order to allow customers a chance to get proof that they did indeed dial a company if any issues crop up further down the line. This could be ideal if you need to raise a complaint or escalate an issue as it will certainly mean that you have an extra piece of information in your arsenal. If you need to call the Child Benefit contact number, you can do so by clicking below.

    Call the Child Benefit contact number now

    Other ways to contact Child Benefit

    If you have responsibility for a child under 16 you are entitled to child benefit in the UK. This also applies until they reach the age of 20, if they stay in approved training or education. Only one person is allowed to claim Child Benefit per child, and it doesn t necessarily have to be their maternal parent. Any change in circumstances must be reported to the Child Benefit Office, and this can either be done by completing an online form, or calling the Child Benefit contact number.
    If your income is more than £50,000 you may not receive the full amount, because you ll likely have to pay a tax charge. It s completely up to you whether you receive any Child Benefit payments, but you should still take the time to complete the claim form, because it will help you to receive National Insurance credits that count towards a State Pension. It will also ensure that your child is registered to get their own National Insurance number when they reach 16 years of age.

    Child Benefit Payments

    There are currently 2 child benefit rates which are £20.70 for the eldest child, and £13.70 for any additional children.
    If you aren t getting these rates you should use the child benefit contact number, and let them know immediately. Your situation will be investigated and any changes made. There is also another benefit you may be entitled to(Guardian s Allowance)if you re raising someone else s child because one or both parents have passed away.
    When a family splits up and children live with different parents, each of you will be able to claim the eldest child rate for one child that lives with you. Both parents cannot claim for one child. When 2 families join together the eldest child in the new family will qualify for the higher rate.
    If you are a single parent, or in receipt of certain other benefits, you can request to be paid weekly. Otherwise Child Benefit is normally paid every 4 weeks, straight into your bank account, usually on a Monday or Tuesday. There are certain types of account that your money can t be paid into, but call the Child Benefit contact number for further clarification.

    Who is Eligible to Claim Child Benefit?

    Only one person is allowed to claim Child Benefit for a child in their care. They have to be under the age of 16, or 20 if they are staying in approved education or training. You also have to reside in the UK.
    You re classed as being responsible for a child if they live with you, or you re contributing at least the same amount of Child Benefit towards their care. Contributions can be for:

    • clothes
    • birthday and Christmas presents
    • pocket money
    • food
    • money

    Child Benefit payments continue for 20 weeks after a 16 or 17 year old leaves formal education, if they ve registered with the armed services or a government-sponsored careers service. If your child has to go into hospital or care, or they live with another person, then the eligibility rules are different. But by using the child Benefit contact number you should find out all you need to know if you re in this situation.
    If you re adopting or fostering you don t have to wait until the adoption process is complete. You should apply for Child Benefit as soon as the adopted child comes to live with you. Nationality of the child doesn t affect your entitlement. You re entitled to claim Child Benefit if you re fostering a child, and the local council aren t paying anything for the accommodation or maintenance.
    If you re caring for someone else s child if you ve got an informal arrangement to look after a relative or friend s child you may be entitled to receive Child Benefit, but not if the local council is paying towards their accommodation or maintenance. Two people cannot claim for one child, so you will have to come to an agreement with the person currently claiming. HMRC will decide on entitlement if you can t agree yourselves.

    Claiming Child Benefit

    To claim Child Benefit you must complete form CH2, and send it to the Child Benefit Office in Newcastle Upon Tyne, along with their original birth or adoption certificate. It can take as long as 12 weeks for your claim to be processed, and possibly even longer if you ve just moved to the UK. You should make your claim as soon as your child is born or they start living with you. The benefit can be backdated for as much as 3 months, but it s still important to make your claim as soon as possible.
    Contacting the Child Benefit Office
    If you have any questions, or need to make any changes you should contact the Child Benefit Office immediately. There are online forms that you can use or you should ring the Child Benefit contact number. Opening times are Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm, and Saturday s 8am to 4pm. The office is closed on Sundays, Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year s Day. Phone lines are often very busy, but less so between 8am and 11pm, Wednesday to Friday. You should have your National Insurance or Child Benefit number handy when you call.


    Latest News

    9:30 am 20 Nov 2015

    9:30 am 19 Nov 2015

    9:30 am 18 Nov 2015

    In this article we explain why you should use Prove I called – and why our specialist service can aid you in your interactions with helplines, customer services desks and complaints lines.

    Interested in how the service works? Read all about how we give customers to power in complaints issues – especially when dealing with cancellations or head offices.

    Struggle to capitalise on situations when you call a company? Don’t worry – we’re here to help with your phone calls. Read our expert advice on how to get the most out of any call to customer services.

    Customer Service issues on Twitter

    Claiming Unemployment Insurance #whiplash #claims #average #payout #2010

    uif claims

    Claiming Unemployment Insurance

    Find out about the Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF) . as well as the different types of circumstances the fund covers.

    What is the Unemployment Insurance Fund?

    The fund offers short-term financial assistance to workers when they become unemployed or are unable to work because of illness, maternity or adoption leave. The fund also assists the dependants of a contributing worker who has died.

    The Unemployment Insurance Act and Unemployment Insurance Contributions Act apply to all employers and workers, but not to:

    • those working less than 24 hours a month for an employer
    • learners
    • public servants
    • foreigners working on contract
    • workers who get a government old age pension
    • workers who only earn commission

    Domestic employers and their workers are included under the Act since 1 April 2003.

    Workers pay 1% of their salaries every month. Their employers contribute a further 1%.

    It is the employer’s responsibility to deduct the worker’s contribution from their salary (excluding commission earnings) and pay it to the fund along with their contribution.

    The employer is also responsible for making sure that all employees are registered with the UIF. If an employee has been registered and the contributions are paid, then that employee will be able to claim from the fund. The employee does not need a card or any other proof that they have contributed to the UIF.

    Foreigners who are permanent workers qualify for UIF, and employers must also register foreigners with the fund.

    How does the fund help employees?

    Employees who are registered with the UIF and who have been paying contributions to the fund can claim if they lose their jobs or cannot work.

    There are five kinds of benefits covered by UIF:

    • Unemployment benefits
    • Illness benefits
    • Maternity benefits
    • Adoption benefits
    • Death benefits

    You can claim unemployment benefits if you have been dismissed or retrenched or if your contract has expired. You cannot claim if you have voluntarily resigned from your job.

    You can claim illness benefits if you are off work due to illness for two weeks. Benefits are paid from the date on which you stopped working.

    Maternity benefits can be claimed if you are pregnant and take maternity leave. You can claim for 17 weeks. If you miscarry in the third trimester or the baby is stillborn, you can claim for 6 weeks.

    You can claim adoption benefits if you legally adopt a child younger than two years old and you leave work to look after that child. Only one of the adopting parents can apply for benefits.

    The wife/ husband or minor child of someone who has died can claim death benefits if the deceased paid contributions to the fund.

    Employers can register at the UIF in the following ways:

    Step 1: Get the necessary information (ID numbers, addresses of employers and workers) ready.

    Step 2: Complete the online registration forms.

    Note: Online registration is not yet active.

    The best alternative will be to complete the UI-8 and UI-19 forms and submit them your nearest UIF office for processing. After this, you will be issued with a reference number, with which you can complete the registration processes online.

    Step 1: Get the UI-8 and UI-19 (for business employers); or the UI-8D and UI-19 (for domestic employers) from the website.

    Step 2: Employers must complete the forms for both themselves and their workers. This form of registration of workers asks for an employer reference number. However, if the employer does not have a reference number yet, this part can be left open. The UIF will create a reference number and send it to the employer.

    • Registering via telephone

    Step 1: Get the necessary information (ID numbers and addresses of employers and workers) ready before phoning the UIF.

    Step 2: Phone the UIF at 012 337 1680 and follow the instructions of the UIF official.

    Note: Telephonic registration is not yet active.

    The best alternative will be to complete the UI-8 and UI-19 forms and submit them your nearest UIF office for processing. After this, you will be issued with a reference number, with which you can complete the registration processes.

    Step 1: Get the UI-8 (commercial employers) or the UI-8D and UI-19 (domestic/private employers) forms from your nearest Department of Labour office, or on the Department of Labour’s website.

    Step 2: Fill in the forms. Employers must complete the forms for both themselves and their workers. This form of registration of workers asks for an employer reference number. However, if the employer does not have a reference number yet, this part can be left open. The UIF will create a reference number and send it to the employer.

    Step 3: Fax the completed forms back to the UIF at 086 713 3000.

    Step 1: Get the UI-8 (commercial employers) or the UI-8D and UI-19 (domestic/private employers) forms from your nearest Department of Labour office, or on the Department of Labour’s website.

    Step 2: Fill in the forms. Employers must complete the forms for both themselves and their workers. This form of registration of workers asks for an employer reference number. However, if the employer does not have a reference number yet, this part can be left open. The UIF will create a reference number and send it to the employer.

    Step 3: Mail the forms to the UIF at: The UIF, Pretoria, 0052.

    ​Step 1: Get the necessary information (ID numbers and addresses of employers and workers) ready before visiting a labour centre near you.

    Step 2: Get the UI-8 (commercial employers) or the UI-8D and UI-19 (domestic/private employers) forms from your nearest Department of Labour office.

    Step 3: Fill in the forms. Employers must complete the forms for both themselves and their workers. This form of registration of workers asks for an employer reference number. However, if the employer does not have a reference number yet, this part can be left open. The UIF will create a reference number and send it to the employer.

    Step 4: Hand in the forms to the labour centre staff.

    The UIF uFiling online service

    uFiling is a free. secure and easy-to-use system allowing employers to update individual employee salary details. It enables a streamlined UIF declaration returns process and automatically calculates the UIF contributions associated with your monthly return.

    uFiling integrates securely with the UIF systems when issued declarations are submitted and contribution payments are made.

    Leveraging the flexibility of the internet, uFiling gives employers 24/7 access to UIF declaration information from anywhere in the world, provided you have an internet connection.

    With regular updates and automated e-mail notifications from uFiling, you are now able to use uFiling to help ensure you as an employer will remain compliant with the latest UIF legislative requirements, eliminating the stress and hassles usually associated with compliance.

    There are different steps to take to activate the specific uFiling account applicable to you.

    Court of federal claims #cms #1500 #claim #form #pdf

    court of federal claims

    U.S. Court System

    The U.S. Supreme Court Building in Washington D. C.

    Diagram of the U.S. Court System

    The Supreme Court of the United States was created by Sec. 1 Article III of the Constitution. Its jurisdiction is set out by statute in Title 28 of the U.S. Code. The organization of the Court is also spelled out by legislation. The Court itself develops the rules governing the presentation of cases. One of the most important powers of the Supreme Court is judicial review. While the Supreme Court is a separate branch of government, outside factors do exert some influence on the Court.

    U.S. Supreme Court Justices

    There are nine justices; a Chief Justice of the United States and eight associate justices, who are appointed by the president with the advice and consent of the Senate. Justices serve during good behavior (usually until death, retirement or resignation.)

    The 11 U.S. presidents since World War II have appointed 28 Supreme Court members. Republicans 17, Democrats 11.

    Harry Truman
    Dwight Eisenhower
    John Kennedy
    Lyndon Johnson
    Richard Nixon
    Gerald Ford
    Jimmy Carter
    Ronald Reagan
    George Bush
    Bill Clinton
    George W. Bush
    Barack H. Obama


    Judicial review consists of:

    -The power of the courts to declare laws invalid if they violate the Constitution.

    -The supremacy of federal laws or treaties when they differ from state and local laws.

    -The role of the Court as the final authority on the meaning of the Constitution.

    There exist both legal and political influences on the Supreme Court justices and their decisions.
    Among the legal influences on Supreme Court decisions are:

    -The Constraints of the Facts: Courts cannot make a ruling unless they have an actual case brought before it. The facts of a case are the relevant circumstances of a legal dispute or offense. The Supreme Court must respond to the facts of a dispute.

    -The Constraints of the Law: Among the legal constraints in deciding cases, the Supreme Court must determine which laws are relevant. These include; interpretation of the Constitution, interpretation of statutes, and interpretation of precedent.

    Among the political influences on Supreme Court Decisions are:

    -“Outside Influences” Such as the force of public opinion, pressure from interest groups, and the leverage of public officials.

    -“Inside Influences” Such as justices’ personal beliefs, political attitudes, and the relationship between justices.

    Each year, about 4,500 cases are requested for review by the Supreme Court. Less than 200 cases are actually decided by the Court each year.
    There are three ways for a case to make its way to the US Supreme Court.

    1) There are cases in which the US Supreme Court has original jurisdiction (heard there first). Cases in which a state is a party and cases dealing with diplomatic personnel, like ambassadors, are the two examples.

    2) Those cases appealed from lower federal courts can be heard at the Supreme Court. Some laws obligate (or force) the Supreme Court to hear them. But most come up for review on the writ of certiorari, a discretionary writ that the court grants or refuses at its own discretion. The writ is granted if four of the justices want it to be heard.

    3) The US Supreme Court reviews appeals from state supreme courts that present substantial “federal questions,” usually where a constitutional right has been denied in the state courts.

    In both civil and criminal law, the Supreme Court is the final court of appeal.

    -Each state has a court system that exist independently from the federal courts. State court systems have trial courts at the bottom level and appellate courts at the top. Over 95% of the nation’s legal cases are decided in state courts (or local courts, which are agents of the states).

    -Some states have two appellate levels, and others have only a single appellate court. States vary in the way they organize and name their courts, but they usually give some lower courts specialized titles and jurisdictions. Family courts settle such issues as divorce and child-custody disputes, and probate courts handle the settlement of the estates of deceased persons. Below these specialized trial courts are less formal trial courts, such as magistrate courts and justice of the peace courts. These handle a variety of minor cases, such as traffic offenses, and usually do not use a jury.

    -Cases that originate in state courts can be appealed to a federal court if a federal issue is involved and usually only after all avenues of appeal in the state courts have been tried.

    -In 1990 there were over 88 million cases heard at the state trial courts throughout the U.S. One hundred and sixty seven thousand cases were appealed at the next level, while sixty two thousand made it to the state courts of last resort.

    When cases are appealed from district courts, they go to a federal court of appeals. Courts of appeals do not use juries or witnesses. No new evidence is submitted in an appealed case; appellate courts base their decisions on a review of lower-court records. In 1990, the 158 judges handled about 41,000 cases.

    There are 12 general appeals courts. All but one of them (which serves only the District of Columbia) serve an area consisting of three to nine states (called a circuit.) There is also the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, which specializes in appeals of decisions in cases involving patents, contract claims against the federal government, federal employment cases and international trade.

    Between four and twenty six judges sit on each court of appeals, and each case is usually heard by a panel of three judges. Courts of appeals offer the best hope of reversal for many appellants, since the Supreme Court hears so few cases. Fewer than 1 percent of the cases heard by federal appeals courts are later reviewed by the Supreme Court.

    All federal courts, except for the U.S. Supreme Court were created by Congress. There are ninety four federal district courts across the country, with at least one in every state (larger states have up to four). There are about 550 federal district-court judges who are appointed by the president with the advice of the Senate. District courts are the only courts in the federal system in which juries hear testimony in some cases, and most cases at this level are presented before a single judge. They heard about 267,000 cases in 1990. Federal district courts are bound by legal precedents established by the Supreme Court. Most federal cases end with the district court’s decision.

    The Court of Military Appeals hears appeals of military court-martial (when a person who is in the military commits a crime they can be tried and punished by the military courts.)

    The Court of International Trade hears cases involving appeals of rulings of U.S. Customs offices.

    The Court of Claims hears cases in which the U.S. Government is sued.

    Claim-UIF Now #claims #adjuster #salary

    uif claims

    We can help with all types of UIF Claims, (Maternity, Adoption and Illness), however this division of our company specialises in Unemployment UIF Claims as we feel that our clients need our undivided attention.

    Before you make payment please ensure that you meet the following requirements:

    • You must have a bar coded ID Book or ID Card
    • You must be a contributor
    • You cannot have resigned

    Have you been retrenched or lost your job?

    Don’t let Unemployment get you down, our reliability and experience when claiming UIF will help you through this stressful experience.

    Losing one’s source of income is stressful enough without getting endless paperwork together for a UIF Unemployment Claim. For families, unemployment can mean more than just the loss of a job and resources. The lack of funds in a home can have a negative impact on family life, as parents struggle to make ends meet.

    While Claim-UIF Now is facilitating your UIF claim, your precious time can be used to seek employment and go to interviews.

    Start your claim below:

    Child Benefit and tax if you have a high income – Citizens Advice #claiming #compensation

    how to claim child benefit

    Child Benefit and tax if you have a high income

    Child Benefit has always been paid to all families with children, regardless of household income. However, this changed from 7 January 2013. Find out what the changes mean for you.

    What changed in January 2013?

    Child Benefit still continues to be paid to everyone, but if you’re a higher-income family, you’ll have to pay extra tax if you choose to keep getting it. The extra tax you pay will effectively cancel out some or all of your Child Benefit.

    You’ll have to pay more tax if either you or your partner have an income over £50,000 a year depending on how much income you’ve got, but you’ll still continue to receive the same amount of Child Benefit. If your income is over £60,000 a year, you’ll pay so much more in tax that it will cancel out all of the Child benefit you get.

    It’s the income of each partner in the household that counts. Your combined income won’t be taken into account, This means that if one of you has an income of over £50,000, you’ll be affected by the changes, even if the other partner doesn’t have any income at all.

    However, if both you and your partner have an income just below the £50,000 limit, you’ll still continue to receive the full amount of Child Benefit and won’t have to pay any extra tax. If both and your partner have an income over £50,000, whoever has the higher income will have to pay the extra tax.

    Your income will generally be your income before tax and deduction of ”Personal Allowance’. It includes everything you pay tax on, such as your wages or profits from self-employment, savings interest or rental income. It doesn’t include some deductions, such as certain pension contributions or Gift Aid donations to charities. This is called ‘adjusted net income’.

    How is the extra tax calculated?

    If you have an income of between £50,000 and £60,000 a year, the amount of extra tax you’ll have to pay will be 1 per cent of the amount of Child Benefit you get for every £100 of your income above £50,000. If your income is more than £60,000, the amount of extra tax you’ll have to pay will be the same as the amount of Child Benefit your household gets.

    Anna and Bill are a couple with two children aged 14 and 16. Bill earns £54,000 a year. They get £1,752.40 Child Benefit a year. (£20.30 for the eldest child plus £13.40 for the second child = £33.70 x 52 = £1,752.40)

    As Bill earns £4,000 over the £50,000 threshold, his extra tax will be equivalent to 40% of the total Child Benefit they get. (£54,000- £50,000 = 4,000 divided by 100 = 40%).

    This means that while they will continue to get Child Benefit of £1,752, Bill will have to pay extra tax of £700 for that tax year. This is 40% of £1,752.

    Can you choose not to get Child Benefit so you don’t have to pay the extra tax?

    You can choose not to receive any Child Benefit, if you don’t want to pay the extra tax. However, HMRC is encouraging you to still fill out a Child Benefit claim form even if you choose not to actually receive any Child Benefit payments from them. This is because filling your claim form for Child Benefit can help you build up national insurance credits which can help protect your future state pension. This is particularly important if you’ve stopped work to look after children full time. It can also help protect your entitlement to other benefits such as Guardian’s Allowance, and ensure your child is automatically issued with a National Insurance number before their 16th birthday.

    Completing a Child Benefit claim form will make it easier for payments to start again if your circumstances change and your income falls below the £50,000 limit. For example because one of you loses your job or your relationship breaks down.

    How will you pay the extra tax?

    If you decide to continue getting Child Benefit, you’ll have to fill in a self-assessment tax return. This is when you’ll have to declare you were getting Child Benefit and pay the extra tax, known as the High Income Child Benefit Charge .

    You’ll have to register for self-assessment if you are not already registered.

    You can choose to pay the tax charge either:

    • as a lump sum through self-assessment or
    • through your tax code under pay as you earn (PAYE). However, even if you choose to pay the tax charge in instalments through PAYE, you’ll still have to complete a self-assessment tax return.

    You can find more information about how to pay the charge on the GOV.UK website at .

    It is your responsibility to pay the extra tax, even if you don’t hear from HMRC.

    Can you continue to get Child Benefit but not pay the extra tax?

    You may be able to avoid having to pay the extra tax and still receive Child Benefit, by reducing your taxable income. For example, you could do this by paying more into your pension. Pension contributions are taken out of your income before you pay tax. This could therefore reduce the amount of income on which you have to pay tax to below the £50,000 limit.

    You could also consider using salary sacrifice and opt to have some of your pay paid in the form of childcare vouchers. Childcare vouchers are also taken out of your income before you pay tax, so your taxable income will also reduce.

    If you’re thinking of doing this, it’s always a good idea to get independent financial advice to fully consider your options before you make a decision.

    Next steps

    News Article #claims #adjuster #salary

    we fight any claim

    We Fight Any Claim bring back Family Village

    We Fight Any Claim, also known as WFAC, is a company based at Llantarnam Business Park in Cwmbran. WFAC are based in the local community around Newport and its surrounding areas.

    The three-year-sponsorship, is community based and it is planned to make a huge impact at Rodney Parade during match-days and non-match days. The facilities will benefit both WFAC and its employees as well as the Dragons community department, not forgetting Newport RFC and Newport County.

    As part of the sponsorship deal the local community will see a large 400 seated capacity, semi permanent marquee erected next to the training pitch. The WFAC Suite will play a key role in the match day experience as well as creating a fully catered area, which can be used for conferences and parties.

    Rodney Parade Commercial Director Pete Grzonka commented: “The Dragons are keen to build relationships with key businesses in the region to develop mutually beneficial partnerships.

    We have been in discussions with WFAC for around a year now and it became apparent that they were keen to create something that was of benefit to the community that so many of their staff come from and live in.

    We Fight Any Claim are a real company in growth with a bright future. They are major employers and they may be the only company I have ever visited that can boast their very own Starbucks!

    The deal with We Fight Any Claim sees real investment in both Rodney Parade and the wider community.

    Since I joined here 15 months ago, I have had numerous conversations with people reminiscing about the family village and what a buzz it brought to match days.

    Grzonka continued: Rodney Parade already boasts one of the best, most authentic, rugby match-days in Wales and this is something that we are keen to build on and develop. WFAC’s sponsorship has allowed us to bring back this facility, which will form the focus for our match day experience.

    Due to TV scheduling, rugby is now being played on different times over the weekend. The WFAC FamZone, as it will be known, will allow us to adapt the match day entertainment to suit the needs of our supporters. This will range from enjoying a beer with friends on a Friday night to enjoying a more family friendly atmosphere on a Sunday afternoon.

    Alongside its match day usage the WFAC Suite, as it will be referred to on non-match days, will enhance our conferencing and events business. The structure will hold up to 400 people for a sit down meal and is the ultimate blank canvas for people to build to suit their own events.

    Simon Chorlton, Managing Director of We Fight Any Claim, speaking as the groundworks are completed at Rodney Parade said:

    Our company is all about our employees, the local community and supporting local ventures so for us it was a no brainer to omit to bringing back to Rodney Parade the ever popular family village, as the We Fight Any Claim Family Zone.

    We want a resource that the community can use and enjoy, and that shows our commitment to the community that our staff live and work in. This is an exciting development and I personally can t wait for the first match day, which will hopefully be the game against Munster, to see the WFAC FamZone in full flow.

    We are making this commitment to Rodney Parade and the Dragons, and Newport County AFC and of course Newport RFC to reinvigorate the family experience for supporters old and new.

    Conferencing and Events Manager Kelly Reardon-Brown said: “There aren’t many facilities that can sit 400 in the region so I think it will open up new markets for us to explore. We have already taken bookings for Christmas parties and large events next year and the structure hasn’t even gone up yet!”

    Mark Jones, Head of Operations added: “The investment in the marquee has also allowed us to make significant changes to an area of the ground that was in great need of improvement.

    Through a local company, Taymore Groundworks and Construction, we have been able to grade and add drainage to the whole area as well as Tarmac the area surrounding the structure. It really will make a massive difference to the entrance to the stadium for all of our supporters and non-match day attendees.”

    Baby Benefits – Maternity UIF made simple! #workers #compensation #claims

    uif claims

    Welcome to Baby Benefits!

    UIF claims need not be difficult. Baby Benefits UIF is a National consultancy service, providing assistance to pregnant Moms when claiming UIF Maternity, adoption and illness benefits. All aspects of the claim are handled on the Mom s behalf and no visits to the Department of Labour are necessary.

    Baby Benefits caters to the individual Mom and its company strength lies in providing an efficient, one on one, personal and caring UIF service to pregnant Moms. Don t leave it too late to start the process! You are welcome to contact us at any time for personal assistance.

    Have you registered your Nanny for UIF?

    Provide you with the correct forms
    Submit your claim
    Hand in your monthly forms.
    Answer your queries quickly
    Finalise your claim
    Give you a caring and efficient service

    We charge a once off fee of R695.00

    Where do I start?


    Baby Benefits is the official UIF agency for Ackermans.